Want to get involved?
We are always looking for volunteers to help out in the different ministries. If you are interested in getting involved in a ministry please let us know and we will contact you with additional information.
We print a weekly pew leaflet that carries notices of meetings, readings, current and forthcoming events and any other relevant notices for the congregation. Parishioners and members of the Parish Roll requiring prayers are also noted each week for special prayers.
This is our church magazine which keeps the Parish up to date on the activities of the various groups. It is also a forum for parishioners to express themselves.
We wish to train and equip the church leadership and workers so that they can effectively fulfil their assignment and calling. We accomplish this through the identification of relevant courses and resources for the church leaders and different organizations within the church in order that they stay fresh, current, relevant and passionate about what they do.
We also offer the following courses:
- Alpha Course
- Baptism - initiation into the family of God. The traditional practice of the Anglican Church has been to baptise the infant children of Christian parents. But we are increasingly asked to baptise adults and teenagers as well as small children.
- Confirmation - candidates re-affirm the Baptismal vows, taken on their behalf in infancy
- “Beyond” Divorce
- Marriage counselling
Resource Centre Library
We have books available for borrowing as well as audio tapes of sermons and videos for hire. Feel free to visit and browse.
Bible Study Groups
We have Bible study groups that you can join for fellowship as you study God's Word.
- Ladies in-depth Bible study session every Tuesday at 10:00
- Seniors Bible study group meets on Thursday mornings at 09:15
The Ladies Group consists of ladies of varying ages from within the Parish. We meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 19h30 at various venues. We do our best to do something a little different at each meeting but always open in prayer and share a bible reading. We welcome all ladies from St Chad’s to join us as we share and celebrate our love for our Lord.
We invite anyone who requires prayer to remain in the church after the service where the Lay Ministers and members of the Prayer Team will be available to listen to and pray for, or with, you.
We also minister in prayer at the following times:
- Every Thursday - 11:00 – 12:00
- Every Saturday - 09:00 – 10:00
- Every Saturday - 08:00 - 09:00
Let us know if you have a prayer request.
- Friday 10:00 – 12:00
- Saturday 07:00 – 8:00
Assistance at Sunday services
There are many ways in which you can participate and be of service. We require assistance at every Sunday service in the following areas:
- Tea & coffee Roster: 07:45 or 09:30
- Sidesperson Rosters: 07:45 or 09:30
- Readers Roster: 07:45 and 09:30
- PC Operators Rosters: 07:45 or 09:30
- Lay Ministers Roster: 07:45 and 09:30
- Counters: 07:45 and 09:30
Giving and Tithing
Giving cheerfully and sacrificially is part of our worship. Giving can be done through tithes and offerings during the “Offerings” portion of our service, or by making donations. We encourage you to give as God leads.
The Teen Church/Bible Study Class is aimed at young people between the ages of 13-17, leading into confirmation and thus early adulthood. We form part of the Young Peoples Ministry at St Chad's supported by our parents. This ministry consists of interactive informal classes every Sunday during the 09:30 service. Classes are closed during the school holidays but we do outreach programmes during this time. We currently have one class with a Facilitator and an Assistant.
A typical Sunday Programme:
- Join the formal service in church
- Break away from the church service to gather in the mini hall
- Feedback on previous Lesson(s) / Evaluation
- New Lesson
- Activities / Worship / Praise / Journaling
Young people will join the rest of the congregation for the peace, communion and prayer.
Our music group meets every Friday at 18:30. Please join us if you can sing or play an instrument.
It’s our desire to see the youth connect to God and to instill in them the desire to live positively. The Youth Ministry caters for everyone between the ages of 14 – 21 years. The group meets every Friday at 19:00 at the church for fellowship and socializing. Various activities are also planned as part of the youth programme and include sport, hikes, gigs, dinners, workshops, x-treme adventures, mission, outreach, camps, mentoring etc.